[BBC] Postdoc positions bioinformatics University of Konstanz, Germany

Yves Van de Peer yves.vandepeer at psb.ugent.be
Sat Mar 1 11:23:15 CET 2008

TWO POSTDOC POSITIONS - molecular evolution, genomics & bioinformatics

At the University of Konstanz we expect to have two postdoc positions
available starting on April 1, 2008 in the lab of Prof. Axel Meyer at
the Department of Evolutionary Biology and Zoology at the University of
Konstanz in Germany.

Due to the funding of the University of Konstanz through the "excellence
initiative" of the German government we are in the process of
establishing a genomics/proteomics center at the university that will
include microarray facilities and second generation sequencing
technologies. Therefore, we are particularly interested in postdocs with
expertise in molecular evolution, molecular phylogenetics and
bioinformatics. We expect that a "junior professorship" in
bioinformatics will be advertised shortly as well. These positions are
affiliated with the new graduate school in chemical biology - for more
information visit_ http://www.chembiol.uni-konstanz.de/_. For this new
program we invite applications of qualified Masters students as well as
Ph.D. candidates.

The postdoc projects we are interested in have to do with fish genomics
and in particular comparative genomics of cichlid fish. Other projects
deal with the evolution of gene families the evolution of the genome in
early chordates and vertebrates. Candidates should have a strong
interest in bioinformatics, developmental and evolutionary biology and
should be experienced in molecular techniques and/or computational biology.

Appointments are for up to two years initially with a salary according
to German TVL salary scale that includes extensive health and retirement
benefits. The initial contract period would be for two years with the
potential for additional years of funding.

Informal inquiries should be addressed to Prof. Axel Meyer
(_axel.meyer at uni-konstanz.de_). Further information on our research can
be obtained from our web page: www.evolutionsbiologie.uni-konstanz.de

Applications should include a CV, statement of research interests and
email addresses of two references.  Review of applications will commence
on March 15th 2008. Starting dates are flexible. Applications should be
sent as one pdf file to_ axel.meyer at uni-konstanz.de_ - or by mail to
Prof. Axel Meyer, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, D-78457
Konstanz, Germany. This search will remain open until the positions are
filled.