[BBC] Vacancy @ Netherlands proteomics Centre

Breukelen, dr. ir. B. van (Bas) b.vanbreukelen at uu.nl
Wed Aug 6 13:37:33 CEST 2008

Dear Collegues,

We are currently searching for enthusiastic Bioinformaticians and/or
Computer scientists, to work on and build a proteomics data analysis
pipeline.

Your aim will be to facilitate the storage and integrated analysis of
proteomics data. For this we are developing a pipeline, partially based
upon existing tools, that addresses every aspect of MS data analysis. As
a basis we build our tools upon the PRIDE (EBI) proteomics data
repository. We encourage you to visit our website(s)

http://www.netherlandsproteomicscentre.nl/ and
http://www.pharm.uu.nl/bioms/ to find an overview of our current
research topics. Additionally you can write or call me to receive more
background information on the current (bioinformatics) projects (see
signature).

What we seek.
A creative (bio)informaticians [1.0 fte] or Computer scientist with at
least a BsC in (bio)informatics and an interest in proteomics research.
Good experience in programming (JAVA, Perl, PHP), parallel computing or
GRID computing.

Additionally we are seeking for a PhD student willing to work part time
at the EBI (Hinxton UK), on a collaborative project where we are going
to extend the PRIDE repository to encompass quantitative proteomics
results followed by an in depth analysis of these (combined) datasets.

What we offer
An interesting vivid work environment. You will be able to collaborate
with excellent proteomics researchers that use very modern technology
and the latest Mass Spectometers and enthusiastic bioinformaticians

The job offer concerns a fulltime position for 3 years. The salary will
be dependent on relevant experience (scale 9/10 CAO Netherlands
Universiteit).

Kind regards,

Bas

_____

Wentbuilding Z315, Sorbonnelaan 16, 3584 CA, Utrecht

+31 (0)30 253 9761 (T), +31 (0)6 24996046 (M)

b.vanbreukelen (skype) and b.vanbreukelen at uu.nl
<mailto:b.vanbreukelen at uu.nl>

  <http://www.pharm.uu.nl/bioms/>