[BBC] Vacancy: (Associate) Scientist Bioinformatics at DSM

Roubos, Hans Hans.Roubos at dsm.com
Fri Mar 27 14:52:51 CET 2009

DSM00680

DSM Biotechnology Centre

(Associate) Scientist Bioinformatics
Delft, the Netherlands

DSM - the Life Sciences and Materials Sciences Company
DSM creates innovative products and services in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences that contribute to the quality of life. DSM's products and services are used globally in a wide range of markets and applications, supporting a healthier, more sustainable and more enjoyable way of life. End markets include human and animal nutrition and health, personal care, pharmaceuticals, automotive, coatings and paint, electrics and electronics, life protection and housing. DSM has annual sales of almost EUR 8.8 billion and employs some 23,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in the Netherlands, with locations on five continents. DSM is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. To learn more about DSM, please visit our website at www.dsm.com<http://www.dsm.com/>.

The Challenge
DSM Food Specialties develops, produces and markets ingredients and processing aids for the Dairy, Savoury, Beverage and nutritional markets.
The Business Group consists of the Business Units Savoury Ingredients, Enzymes & Dairy Ingredients, a Global Sales department, a DSM Biotechnology Center, an Operations organisation and also a number of staff departments.
There is a strong cooperation within the with DSM Nutritional Products to develop new ingredients to the market of Functional Food.

DSM Biotechnology Center (DBC) is the main center for biotechnological Research & Development and is located in Delft. DBC is focused on the creation of new and improved products for DSM business units such as DSM Food Specialties (DFS), DSM Anti-Infectives (DAI), DSM Nutritional Products (DNP) and DSM Fiber Intermediates (DFI), along with Emerging Business Areas for DSM such as White Biotechnology or Specialty Packaging (EBA-WB, EBA-SP).
The DBC Genetics Department serves the different businesses by delivering new and improved strains for the production of biocatalysts and bioproducts by means of classical and GMO strain development and (HT) screening technology.

Within the DSM Biotechnology Center, a vacancy occurred within the Genetics department for an (Associate) Scientist Bioinformatics.

You will work and represent the bioinformatics discipline within multi-disciplinary project innovation teams. Your challenge will be to apply and improve bioinformatics workflows for the development of new products, microbial production strains and improved processes. The Bioinformatics group is part of the Department of Genetics. Projects will be associated with DSM Bioinformatics platform development and maintenance, (re)sequence data exploration, integrative omics data analysis and/or protein engineering, depending on your expertise.

Terms of conditions
LOCAL CONTRACT

The Ideal
We are looking for a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Metabolic Engineering or Molecular Biology with a track-record of applying bioinformatics to biotechnological applications. Preferably you have experience with protein engineering, genomics approaches to microbial strain development or fermentation process improvement. You are a multidisciplinary team player, who takes initiative. Personal skills like problem analysis, judgment, creativity, leadership, adaptability characterize your identity. You are a good communicator, preferably fluent in the Dutch and/or the English language.

The Reward
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM's HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers<http://www.dsm.com/careers>

The Procedure
The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World.

Please apply on-line (www.dsm.com/careers<http://www.dsm.com/careers>) ref DSM00680 and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current remuneration.

Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process.  You will be contacted when these references checks are required.

DISCLAIMER :
This e-mail is for the intended recipient only
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.