[BBC] Fwd: EXTENDED DEADLINE SEPT 28th: EMBNET-RIBio Oct25-29 2009 Internatl. Conference

Jacques van Helden jvhelden at ulb.ac.be
Fri Sep 18 09:29:34 CEST 2009

From: Julio Collado Vides <collado at ccg.unam.mx>
Date: 18 September 2009 00:14:36 GMT+02:00
To: collado at ccg.unam.mx
Cc: BJ Morrison <bj at sdsc.edu>
Subject: EXTENDED DEADLINE SEPT 28th: EMBNET-RIBio Oct25-29 2009
Internatl. Conference

Dear colleagues:

We would like to remind you of the

SEPTEMBER 28th EXTENDED DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT FOR THE

  International EMBnet-RIBio Conference 2009, jointly organized by the
European Molecular Biology network (EMBnet) and the Red Iberoamericana
de Bioinformática (RIBio) at the Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort,
located at the Mayan Riviera, Quintana Roo, Mexico, from the 26th to
the 29th of October, 2009.

Visit the conference site:

http://www.embnet.org/en/EMBnet-RIBio2009

Monday October 26th we will give official birth to the Iberoamerican
Society for Bioinformatics, you are welcome to be a funding member ¡¡

We are pleased to announce RESOURCES FOR PARTIAL FUNDING for
students,  posdocs and researchers from Iberoamerica to attend the
meeting PROVIDED THEY SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT to the conference.

There is also funding for ISCB affliiated students to attend the
meeting with similar requirements.

Don't miss the deadline of this exciting conference in a wonderful
setting in the Mexican Caribbean!

The Organizing Committee

More detailed information:

This will be the first time the EMBnet's Annual General Meeting will
take place outside of Europe, bringing together bioinformaticians from
all over the world, together with the Iberoamerican Annual General
Meeting, and representatives of other major Bioinformatics societies
in the World. We will give official birth to the Iberoamerican
Bioinformatics Society.

Tri Institutional Professor Chris Sander (http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/11655.cfm
), an authority in bioinformatics and founder of the field  will give
a keynote lecture at the conference.

The conference is open to submissions. The main topics will be: High
Throughput Technologies, the Interface of Bioinformatics and Systems
Biology and Open Software for Bioinformatics, but we are accepting
submissions in all areas of bioinformatics (such as genomics,
proteomics, trancriptomics, metagenomics, data and text-mining,
ontologies, education and e-learning tools available in
Bioinformatics, among others) --See the Abstract guidelines--.
Additionally, selected papers will be reviewed and published on the
"EMBnet.news 15.4" (EMBnet.news is a quarterly publication with a peer
reviewed research section indexed by PubMed (starting from 15.4),
devoted to research, projects, events, news and announcements related
with the bioinformatics, biomedical and in general to the "bio-" and
"omics-" communities & industry all-over the world).
All information dealing with submitting abstracts, registration and
hotel booking can be found in the site of the conference at:  http://www.embnet.org/EMBnet-RIBio2009

Don't miss the deadline of this exciting conference in a wonderful
setting in the Mexican Caribbean!

On behalf of The Organizing Committee
--
Julio Collado-Vides, Ph.D.
Head of the Program on Computational Genomics