[BBC] LUMC SASC (Sequencing Analysis Support Core) group is looking for a new bioinformatician

H.Mei at lumc.nl H.Mei at lumc.nl
Mon Aug 19 18:08:13 CEST 2013

Dear colleagues,

At the group of Sequencing Analysis Support Core of Leiden University Medical Center, Netherlands, we are looking for a new bioinformatician working on NGS data analysis pipelines. Please let us know if you are interested and please feel free to forward this vacancy as well.

== The position ==
As a research assistant / data analyst, you will work on the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. This includes the development of new pipelines for the analysis and the interpretation of the data. The candidate will work in a research team with bioinformaticians and wet-lab researchers, who jointly focus on the study of genotype-phenotype relationships in disease models and in humans. You will become part of LUMC’s Sequence Analysis Support Core, assisting LUMC researchers in the analysis of different types of next generation sequencing data, including DNA resequencing, RNA sequencing, and ChIP-seq.

== Your profile ==
You hold a BSc or MSc degree in bioinformatics. Alternatively, you are a biomedical scientist with a proven strong affinity for computer science or applied statistics and hands-on programming experience or you are a computer scientist with proven experience in solving biological questions. You are a dedicated and flexible team player with excellent communicative skills to work in between scientists from different domains.

Aanstelling : Appointment is for one year, but can be extended.
Dienstverband : 32 to 36-hour week
Salaris : according CLA for University Hospitals

== What we offer ==
You will be employed on the basis of a 32 to 36-hour week. The appointment is initially for one year but can be extended. Your salary will depend on your qualifications, experience and position and is according the Collective Labour Agreement for University Hospitals.

== The department ==
At the Leiden University Medical Centre (LUMC), we are continually seeking to improve the quality of healthcare. You will work within LUMC’s Department of Clinical Genetics. At the moment we are in the middle of the exciting transition in which whole exome and genome sequencing in being implemented into diagnostics in order to expand and improve personalized health-care. Our most important research questions is how to relate all the DNA sequence variants we find to the health of a patient (phenotype), and to the understanding of disease mechanisms in particular in muscular dystrophies, migraine, metabolic syndrome and cancer. In addition we face stunning technological developments, continuously enhancing the amount of DNA sequence produced per day, but every time using new methods for which new analysis algorithms have to be developed.

== More information or to apply ==
Please contact Dr. Hailiang (Leon) Mei, telephone +31 (0)71 5269836 e-mail h.mei at lumc.nl or Dr. Nienke van der Stoep, telephone +31 (0)71 526 9832 e-mail nvdstoep at lumc.nl

Best regards,
Leon