[BBC] positions available to study genetic links between brain development and evolution

pierre vanderhaeghen pvdhaegh at ulb.ac.be
Mon Sep 23 12:15:49 CEST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks a lot for relaying the info for this job offer by transmitting to potentially interested colleagues and posting the flyer in your Dept.

Best regards,

Pierre Vanderhaeghen
What Makes us Humans? Positions  (Bioinformatics) Available to Study the Genetic Links between Brain Development and Evolution.

Postdoctoral positions are available in our group (Pierre Vanderhaeghen Lab http://dev.ulb.ac.be/pvdhlab) to study the molecular mechanisms underlying the development and evolution of the human cerebral cortex.

This novel and exciting project, which just received funding by the European Research Council (ERC), will use a unique integrated approach combining molecular/bioinformatic tools, human pluripotent stem cell technology, and mouse developmental neurobiology (Nature 455 (2008), 351-357; Nature Neurosci. (2012), 15, 1627-1635; Neuron (2013), 77, 440-456).

We are seeking highly motivated individuals with strong experience in bioinformatics/computational biology, as well as interest in developmental neurobiology and/or evolution. Positions are available immediately, but may be filled later in 2014 if necessary.

Our lab is part of the Institute of Interdisciplinary Research (IRIBHM) (http://www.ulb.ac.be/medecine/iribhm/), the largest biomedical Department of University of Brussels (ULB) Medical School, and the newly created ULB Neuroscience Institute (http://uni.ulb.ac.be/). We are located in Brussels, a cosmopolitan city in the heart of Europe.

Applications: Please send a cover letter explaining your motivations and previous work, a CV with a list of publications, and the name and coordinates of three references to: Pierre Vanderhaeghen, pierre.vanderhaeghen at ulb.ac.be

Institute of Interdisciplinary Research (IRIBHM)
ULB Neuroscience Institute (UNI)
Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB,
Campus Erasme CP 602
Bldg. C Room 6.113/6.111