[BBC] [Gtpb] Bioinformatics training course announcement IB13S

Pedro Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Nov 18 22:31:17 CET 2013

                    Course Announcement

Applications are open for:

IB13S
"Introductory Bioinformatics"

with
David P.Judge, Cambridge University, Cambridge UK
Phil Cunningham, Kings College London, London UK and
Pedro Fernandes, Inst Gulbenkian de Ciência, Oeiras PT

    IMPORTANT DATES for this Course
    Deadline for applications: December 1st 2013
    Course date: December 9th - 12th 2013
    http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/IB13S/

As usual, we run this course twice a year due to its popularity.

The course is named "Introductory" because of the low level of pre-requisites.
It does provide a set of skills that allow participants handle
sequence data and survive in the world of biological information using
computational tools.
Former attendees have stated that the content of our IB course enabled
them to go a lot further, by figuring out what Bioinformatics really
offers and how its results can influence their attitude towards
research.

The website at

http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/IB13S

offers both a standard and a detailed description of the course content.

Pedro Fernandes
GTPB Organiser

--
--