[BBC] NBIC2014 - Programme update Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference

Femke Francissen femke.francissen at nbic.nl
Wed Mar 19 14:23:13 CET 2014

Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014 (NBIC2014)

Date/venue: April 8 & 9, 2014, Conference Center De Werelt, Lunteren, the Netherlands
Conference website: http://www.aanmelder.nl/nbic2014
Register now via: https://www.aanmelder.nl/nbic2014/wiki/registration

Updated programme
This week we informed all speakers and we updated the conference programme on the website. Visit the website to see the latest updates! https://www.aanmelder.nl/nbic2014/part_program. The programme includes a number of topical sessions, a.o.: Next Generation Sequencing, Systems biology (Modeling / Networks), Comparative genomics, Statistics, Infrastructure data & technology, Regulation, Geno/Phenotype.

Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Marcus Claesson, University College, Cork, Ireland
- Vera van Noort, Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Leuven, Belgium
- Ilya Shmulevich, Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, USA
- Christian Ottmann, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Jelle Goeman, Radboudumc Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Topical tracks:
- NSBM Spring meeting 2014 - biomolecular modelling - April 8th
- Allbio Metagenomics meeting - April 9th

Poster & demo abstracts
It is still possible to submit an abstract for a poster presentation or demo at the conference! Submit your abstract via: https://www.aanmelder.nl/nbic2014/wiki/abstract%20submission. Submission deadline: April 4

RSG retreat for young bioinformaticians
RSG Netherlands is pleased to invite you to the RSG retreat 2014 on the 7th of April, directly preceding the NBIC2014 conference. This years' retreat provides you the unique opportunity to present your research to fellow students and young professionals. Furthermore we have 2 invited speakers: Prof. Gunnar Klau and Dr. Jeroen de Ridder. In the evening there will be a dinner in the centre of Lunteren, followed by a fun social event at the conference centre bar. The evening program provides you the opportunity to network with fellow young bioinformaticians. Find out more here: https://www.aanmelder.nl/nbic2014/wiki/rsg%20retreat

Call for nominations NBIC Young Investigator Award 2014
On April 8, during the conference programme, we will announce the winner of the NBIC Young Investigator Award 2014. This year the winner will receive a prize of 250 euros sponsored by BioSB and will present an honorary lecture. Group leaders can now nominate researchers who recently finished their PhD for the award. The criteria and submission form can be found here: https://www.aanmelder.nl/nbic2014/wiki/nbic%20young%20investigator%20award. Submission deadline: March 21!

Birds of a Feather sessions
This year we are organising Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions on April 9 in the afternoon. The aim of a BOF session is to discuss a topic of your choice in an informal setting. The BOF topics will be announced via the conference website so participants will be able to join the session that interests them most. You can submit an idea for a session by sending an e-mail to: femke.francissen at nbic.nl<mailto:femke.francissen at nbic.nl>

For more information you can contact: Femke Francissen (NBIC community & events), femke.francissen at nbic.nl<mailto:femke.francissen at nbic.nl>