[BBC] ESCS2014 Abstract Submission Extended Deadline!

Thomas Abeel thomas at abeel.be
Wed Jun 25 00:32:08 CEST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Due to popular demand, we have decided to extend the abstract submission
deadline for the 3rd European Symposium of the International Society for
Computational Biology Student Council until the 30th of June. We welcome
abstracts covering scientific studies as well as novel tools and
applications in the fields of computational biology and bioinformatics.
As in previous editions, awards will be given to outstanding posters and
presentations. *All abstracts accepted for oral presentation will be
published in a special issue of the BMC Bioinformatics journal.*

ESCS2014 is to be held on September 6th 2014 in Strasbourg, France, as a
satellite meeting of the European Conference on Computational Biology
(ECCB) and will bring together young computational biologists from
several research areas and regions of the world. This is your chance to
present your work to an international audience of young scientists! In
addition, we are proud to host three keynotes from distinguished
scientists: Dr. Lennart Martens from the University of Ghent, Dr. Jeroen
de Ridder from the Delft University of Technology and Dr. Lars Juhl
Jensen from Technical University of Denmark.

Submission information: http://escs2014.iscbsc.org/escs-submission
General information and program: http://escs.iscbsc.org/

Important dates
April 24, 2014: Abstract submission opens
*June 30, 2014: Abstract submission closes EXTENDED!*
July 15, 2014: Abstract acceptance notifications

We look forward to receiving your abstract!

On behalf of the ESCS organizers,

Pieter Meysman
Chair, 3rd European Student Council Symposium 2014
Margherita Francescatto
Co-Chair, 3rd European Student Council Symposium 2014