[BBC] [Gtpb] [GTPB] New course - Structural Modelling for Large Macromolecular Complexe, applications s now OPEN

Pedro Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Sun Mar 15 16:11:37 CET 2015

Dear all,

Applications for the "Structural Modelling for Large Macromolecular
Complexes" training course are now OPEN

    IMPORTANT DATES for this Course
    Deadline for applications: April 10th 2015
    Latest notification of acceptance: April 15th 2015
    Course date: April 27th - April 30th 2015

With Joanna Kasprzak and Mateusz Dobrychlop

http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/SMLMC15/

Description
We will present a range of techniques to generate, analyse, and
optimise models of proteins, RNA, and their complexes. We will talk
about new approaches to structure determination of macromolecules and
macromolecular complexes. During the practical sessions participants
will learn how to use methods for modelling protein and RNA 3D
structures such as Modeller and ModeRNA. Also we will focus on methods
dedicated to protein-RNA complexes modelling, e.g. by combining data
from low-resolution density maps, SAXS and biochemistry. In
particular, we will present how to use PyRy3D, a computational tool to
build models of macromolecular complexes based on data from various
sources.
Participants will be able to bring-in specific biological questions
and/or their on data to work with during the course.

Target Audience
The course has been designed for molecular and structural biologists,
bioinformaticians and biotechnologists and other scientists interested
in modelling of biological complexes. The content is suitable for
researchers, both at the graduate and post-graduate levels.

Pedro Fernandes
GTPB Coordinator
--
Pedro Fernandes