[BBC] RSG Belgium Symposium 2016: Bioinformatics/Computational Biology

Cuypers Bart Bart.cuypers at uantwerpen.be
Fri Apr 1 15:41:21 CEST 2016

Dear Colleague,

I would like to invite you to the upcoming RSG Belgium Symposium 2016.

The symposium will take place on June 3, 2016, 2PM at the University of Leuven.

(Room 331-01 Landbouwinstituut Hoofdgebouw, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, 3001 HEVERLEE)

The event is focused around young bioinformaticians/computational biologists (master students, PhD students, young post-docs),

who will get the opportunity to present their work in a broad research context and network with one another.

I am very happy to announce our keynote speaker for this event, prof. dr. Yves Moreau.

Prof. Moreau's research focuses on systems biology techniques to understand how variation in a genome leads to variation in risk and severity of genetic diseases.

He also applies these techniques for diagnosis and disease gene discovery in congenital genetic disorders. Additionally, Prof. Moreau is an active member of the ISCB community.

Not only is he currently a member of the ISCB board of directors, he also chaired ECCB in 2010 and in 2014.

Registration is free but mandatory, and can be done by filling in

the form at: http://goo.gl/forms/whU1ay8YLe

After the symposium (incl. reception), for those interested, we will have a social event in Leuven (walk, dinner, drinks).

You can submit an abstract for an oral presentation until April 30, 2016 by mail to rsg-belgium at iscbsc.org<mailto:rsg-belgium at iscbsc.org>.

You are most welcome to send this invitation to anyone that might be interested!

Hope to see you there,

Bart Cuypers

RSG Belgium President