[BBC] Call for Applications for ECCB 2016 - deadline May 16

Femke Francissen femke.francissen at biosb.nl
Fri Apr 29 13:11:35 CEST 2016

*Call for Applications for ECCB 2016 - extended submission deadline: May 16*

The European Conference on Computational Biology <http://www.eccb2016.org>
(ECCB 2016) started a new initiative to promote application of
computational biology in industry and other fields beyond academia.

*What is the aim of the Applications track
<http://www.eccb2016.org/calls/applications/>?*
The aim of the track is to give a voice to those who apply computational
biology in industry, clinics, governmental organizations, and other fields
beyond academia. With advanced science and technology finding its ways
everywhere, many clinicians, analysts, data scientists have more and more
to share with scientists in academia. A plethora of scientists currently
works outside of academia, and may not be interested or are sometimes
restricted to publish, thus making themselves and their work invisible to
the academic community. This track is a platform for presenting such
applications, some of which may well be untraditional or otherwise not
often heard at academic conferences.

*Examples of submissions*
Examples of submissions that we envision include computational
applications, software, services, infrastructure or combinations of these
that are developed for beyond-academia applications e.g. for pharmaceutical
industry, biotech startups, clinics. Academic developments which do not
have yet the beyond-academia component but have clearly outlined potential
for it, are also welcome.

*Dont't we already have applications presented at ECCB and other CB
conferences? *
Absolutely. Computational biology is by its nature about applying
computational tools in biology. The difference of this track from many
applied sessions at ECCB is bridge the academia and other applications
fields of CB and to cross-disseminate both sides. This is an open track
alongside the ELIXIR Applications track which is mainly devoted to the
participants of ELIXIR.

*I'm in academia, can I submit an abstract? *
Yes, please do if you feel that A) your applications cross the boundaries
of traditional academic science, or B) your developments are directly
relevant beyond academia or have potential for it.

*Read more about the review criteria and submission guidelines
here: http://www.eccb2016.org/calls/applications/
<http://www.eccb2016.org/calls/applications/>*

*Submission deadline: May 16, 2016*

For questions about the Applications track, please contact:
applications at eccb2016.org

For other ECCB 2016 related questions contact: info at eccb2016.org
*​*
*​*