[BBC] Edinburgh Genomics - MinION and Python workshops

Bert Overduin Bert.Overduin at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 4 11:57:47 CEST 2016

Dear all,

We still have a few places available on our workshop "Oxford Nanopore
MinION Sequencing - Data Handling, Analysis and Applications" on Monday 13
June 2016. This 1-day workshop will focus on the handling, analysis and
applications of MinION sequence data. The workshop will be a combination of
presentations, demos and hands-on tutorials. In the hands-on tutorials a
wide range of software programs will be used, some of which were especially
developed for the MinION. The workshop is aimed at anyone who is working
with, or is planning to work with, Oxford Nanopore MinION sequence data.

Note that we are also offering three(!) different weeklong Python courses,
an introductory one, an advanced one, as well as one focused on data
manipulation and visualisation. All three are taught by dr Martin Jones,
founder of Python for Biologists (http://pythonforbiologists.com) and
author of several books on Python (
http://pythonforbiologists.com/index.php/books/).

Registration for all workshops can be done through the workshop pages
indicated below, on which you can also find much more detailed information
about each workshop.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have a question with regard to
any of the workshops.

I hope to see you at one (or more) of our workshops!

With kind regards,
Bert Overduin

*1-day Oxford Nanopore MinION Sequencing - Data Handling, Analysis and
Applications*