[BBC] Genome Science, Liverpool, 30th August - 1st September 2016

Bert Overduin Bert.Overduin at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 09:55:08 CEST 2016

Forwarding on behalf of Mick Watson:

Dear All

I’m delighted to invite you to a conference I help organise every year,
Genome Science, with speakers who use the latest genomic technologies to
tackle problems from across the life sciences:

Genome Science 2016 http://genomescience.org.uk/, Liverpool, 30th August -
1st September 2016

We have sessions on:

Bioinformatics and Computational genomics

Clinical and translational genomics

Environmental genomics

Developmental biology

Genome engineering and synthetic biology (NEW this year)

Microbial genomics

New Technologies, incl. highlight single cell genomics

Plant and animal genomics

Vendor sessions

Science Communication

Career development/opportunities

Speakers include:

Ed Yong, Science Communicator and author recent book “I contain multitudes”
(http://tinyurl.com/zk6qaw3)

Dr Kosuke Yusa, Sanger, Genome Engineering

Dr Jack Gilbert, Argonne National Laboratory, Microbiome

Dr Jose Clemente, Mount Sinai

Dr David Aanensen, Sanger, Pathogen Surveillanece

Prof Allan Downie, John Innes, Ash Dieback

Our very own Jeffrey Schoenebeck!

Michael Baym, Harvard, Systems Biology

And many many more!

I look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers

Mick

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

--
Bert Overduin, PhD
TRAINING AND OUTREACH BIOINFORMATICIAN
Bert.Overduin at ed.ac.uk