[BBC] [Gtpb] GTPB Bioinformatics Training course announcement - IBSTATB16 - Introductory Biostatistics for Biologists

Pedro L. Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Oct 10 08:27:52 CEST 2016

The Gulbenkian Training Programme in Bioinformatics

Applications for the bioinformatics training course

IBSTATB16
Introductory Biostatistics for Biologists
with Cristina Rocha and Fernanda Diamantino

are now open.

      IMPORTANT DATES for this Course
    Deadline for applications: Nov 7th 2016
    Course dates: Nov 14th - Nov 18th 2016

http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt/bicourses/IBSTATB16/

Course Description
This is one of our "Foundations" type courses, providing a systematic
and detailed review of fundamental concepts and techniques in
Biostatistics. Participants can expect to go through a set of
exercises that are based on biomedical problems. These exercises are
preceded by short lectures that are simple to follow. The lectures are
designed to provide the conceptual framework that is needed to release
the training power of the exercises, not to flood the participants
with formality, which will be kept to a minimum. We will make use of a
highly interactive methodology, taking advantage of our well equipped
Bioinformatics training room. With this approach, we expect to bring
the participants to a high degree of usage independence in using the
methods that we cover.
Main topics: Descriptive Statistics; Probability; Statistical
Inference; Design of Experiments.

At the moment, GTPB has 5 training courses OPEN for applications.

Best regards
Pedro Fernandes

--
Pedro Fernandes
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência

Upcoming courses:
3DAROC16 - 3C-based data analysis and
    3D reconstruction of chromatin folding, Oct 10
QPB16 - Quantitative Proteomics using Bioinformatics, Oct 17
AAIRR16 - Analysis of Adaptive Immune Receptor Repertoires, Nov 2
AET16 - Applied Evolutionary Theory, Nov 7
IBSTAT16 - Introductory Biostatistics for Biologists, Nov 14
IB16S - Introductory Bioinformatics, Dec 12