[BBC] BioSB 2017 Conference: Call for abstracts open!

Femke Francissen femke.francissen at biosb.nl
Fri Jan 13 15:23:24 CET 2017

*BioSB 2017 conference *

4-5 April 2017
Congrescentrum De Werelt, Lunteren, NL
Conference website: http://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017

*** BioSB 2017 Conference*
BioSB 2017 is the 3rd edition of the Dutch Bioinformatics & Systems Biology
conference. The conference discusses the latest developments in
bioinformatics, systems and computational biology and interrelated
disciplines, and their wide-ranging applications in life sciences & health,
agriculture, food & nutrition.

This year's conference will be co-organised by the BioSB research school
<http://www.biosb.nl>, UMC Groningen <https://www.umcg.nl>, University of
Groningen <http://www.rug.nl/> and ELIXIR-NL
<http://www.dtls.nl/elixir-nl/elixir-nl-2/>.

Registration for the conference will open soon!

*** Call for abstracts*
Abstract submission for the BioSB 2017 conference is now open. You can
submit an abstract for the following topics/sessions:

* Gene regulation
* Genotype/phenotype & disease
* Industrial applications & synthetic biology
* Metabolomics
* Modeling
* Networks & data integration
* NGS data analysis
* Proteomics
* Statistics
* Systems medicine
* ELIXIR-NL technology track
* Metagenomics
* Structural bioinformatics (NSBM)

You can submit an abstract for a lecture in one of the sessions, a poster
presentation or a poster/demo.

Find out here how to submit your abstract
<https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017/wiki/218444/abstract%20submission>

*** Key dates*
* *12 February 2017 - abstract submission deadline oral presentations*
* 3 March 2017 - Notification date oral presentations
* 20 March 2017 - abstract submission deadline Posters & demos

*** Keynote speakers*
Our confirmed keynote speakers for the conference are:

* Boris Kholodenko
<https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017/wiki/237087/boris%20kholodenko>, Deputy
Director UCD Conway Institute, Ireland
* Teresa (Terri) Attwood
<https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017/wiki/234921/teresa%20attwood>, School
of Computer Science, The University of Manchester, Member of ELIXIR-UK,
GOBLET Chair
* Jens Nielsen
<https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017/wiki/234920/jens%20nielsen>, Director
of Systems and Synthetic Biology, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden

*** Sponsoring*

BioSB 2017 is thé event for related industry to interact with
bioinformatics and systems biology scientists, software developers and
students from a broad selection of universities, UMC's and companies in the
Netherlands. Last year's BioSB 2016 conference alone had more than 350
participants. We invite you to present your organisation or company to this
diverse scientific public. We offer a number of attractive sponsorship
packages, as well as exhibit space, but also custom made packages can be
discussed. See: Sponsor opportunities
<https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017/wiki/218446/sponsoring>

*** Contact & more information*
questions concerning the conference, please contact Femke Francissen, via
femke.francissen at biosb.nl

* On Twitter we will use the hashtag: #BioSB17
* Follow us on Twitter via @BioSB_nl <https://twitter.com/biosb_nl?lang=en>
* Like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/BIOSB-122337454509903/?ref=hl>
* Follow us on LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/biosb-research-school>

*​*
*​*
*Femke Francissen*
Community manager BioSB

BioSB Research School
Visiting address: Geert Grooteplein 28, route 260, 6525 GA Nijmegen
Postal address: P.O. box 9101, route 260, 6500 HB Nijmegen

E-mail: femke.francissen at biosb.nl
Tel: +31 24 36 19 500
Mobile: +31 6 17 90 4888
Skype: femke.francissen