[BBC] FW: Invitation to an exceptional lecture by Prof. Eric Lander - February 7 at 11:00

Alexander Botzki Alexander.Botzki at vib.be
Tue Jan 17 19:16:43 CET 2017

________________________________
From: Nathalie Krack [mailto:nathalie.krack at uclouvain.be]
Subject: Invitation to an exceptional lecture by Prof. Eric Lander - February 7 at 11:00

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to an exceptional lecture by Professor Eric Lander, who will narrate "The 35-year journey of genomic medicine". The lecture will take place on Tuesday, February 7 at 11:00, in the Maisin auditorium on the UCL Health Sciences campus in Brussels. It will be followed by a reception.

Eric Lander is the president and founding director of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. Geneticist, molecular biologist and mathematician, he was the principal leader of the international Human Genome Project. He developed and applied methods for discovering the molecular basis of rare genetic diseases, common diseases and cancer. He did pioneering work on genetic variation, population history, evolutionary forces, regulatory elements, long non-coding RNAs, three-dimensional folding of the human genome, and developed methods to systematically identify the genes essential for biological processes.
Eric Lander will be awarded the title of doctor honoris causa of the UCL on February 6. He will be visiting our campus as part of this event.

More information is available on the registration page<https://www.deduveinstitute.be/about/news-events/eric-lander-visits-our-campus-february-7>. For security reasons, registration before January 27 is mandatory.

I sincerely hope that you will not miss this unique opportunity to hear and meet an outstanding figure of modern biomedical sciences.

With best wishes,

Sophie Lucas
Academic Sponsor of Eric Lander for the DHC2017 ceremony

PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFORMATION WITHIN YOUR FACULTY/INSTITUTE/SOCIETY

Pr Sophie Lucas
de Duve Institute - UCLouvain
av Hippocrate, 74
1200 Brussels - Belgium
Mail: sophie.lucas at uclouvain.be<mailto:sophie.lucas at uclouvain.be>
Tel: +32 2 764 74 74
Web: https://www.deduveinstitute.be/fr/tregs-and-tgfb

[cid:5A3D2571-D274-485B-9205-B411ED61CB80]