[BBC] Vacancy Postdoc Tumor Genome Analysis

Sie, Daud d.sie at vumc.nl
Mon Feb 6 09:34:59 CET 2017

Dear all,

The department of Pathology at the VUmc Amsterdam is looking for a Postdoc in Cancer Genomics:

https://www.werkenbijvumc.nl/vacatures/postdoc-tumor-genome-analysis/

Job description:

Your work environment

This Postdoc position is within the Tumor Genome Analysis Core laboratory, a dynamic research group in genomics that is supported by state-of-the-art data analysis and infrastructure for cancer research. Various fundamental- and translational genome research projects are aimed to provide cancer patients with optimal, individualized medical care.
Within this Dutch Cancer Society / KWF funded project we specifically offer support, time and resources to create your own line of research. Our state-of-the-art accredited laboratory and genomics core is at your disposal, and is backed by the skillful bioinformatics research team of the Tumor Genome Analysis Core laboratory. Background info at http://www.tgac.nl/.

Your challenge

To complement our research team, we are looking for an independent post-doctoral research fellow that stands out in creativity and ambition. Your primary task is to resolve structure and clinical relevance of distinctive genomic rearrangements in cancer. To achieve this, the successful candidate will employ cell culture models, as well as investigate clinical specimens to further characterize these genomic rearrangements using various techniques, including FISH and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).

Your profile

We are looking for a Postdoc who brings the following expertise:

*         University (PhD) education in (Bio)Medical and/or Life Sciences;

*         Excellent communication skills and proven scientific writing talent are a prerequisite for this position;

*         Wetlab skills are desirable;

*         You have affinity with (cancer) genomics and statistics;

*         You have some experience with scripting and/or programming and handling large amounts of (scientific) data;

*         You are a team player able to think outside the box.

Interested?

If you're interested about this position, please contact dr. Bauke Ylstra, professor in tumor genome analysis at +31 (0)20-4442495 or with Cees Knottnerus at +31 (0)20-4445635. You can apply till 22 February 2017.

Kind regards,

Daoud Sie, PhD
Coordinator Genomics Research Facility
VU University Medical Center Amsterdam - department of Pathology
E: d.sie at vumc.nl
P: +31204442428

Present: Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri

De Boelelaan CCA-1.22, 1081 HV Amsterdam

Mailing adress: Postbus 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam

www.vumc.com<http://www.vumc.com/>
www.vumc.com/directions<http://www.vumc.com/directions>
Disclaimer
This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. VU University Medical Center accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.