[BBC] Job opening VUmc Amsterdam: Genome biologist / Computational biologist

Sie, Daud d.sie at vumc.nl
Wed Apr 5 18:50:54 CEST 2017

Genome and proteome data integration to improve cancer patient treatment

Your work environment
==================
At the Cancer Center Amsterdam (CCA) of VU University Medical Center (VUmc) we perform internationally recognized research in genomics & proteomics. CCA houses state of the art genome technologies and IT-facilities for medical research.

Your challenge
===========
We are looking for an enthusiastic, communicative and pro-active bioinformatician / computational biologist. The work involves support of CCA researchers through training, and hands-on analysis of in house and public genomics and proteomics datasets. A focus will be on exploring tools for data mining, -visualization and -integration. One challenge is to adopt and adapt existing bioinformatics implementations to develop an in silico drug prescription strategy.

Your profile
=========
. University (PhD) education in Life Sciences, ie biology and/or biomedical informatics;
. Proven computer programming proficiency and experience with integration of genomics and/ or proteomics data;
. Proficient with scripting languages (Python, Perl);
. Proficient with a statistical framework (R);
. Experience in moving and handling large amounts of (scientific) data reliably and efficiently (UNIX);
. Experience with a database framework (Postgress, MySQL);
. Experience with programming language (C#/C++/C or Java);
. Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (written & spoken);

We offer
=======
Salary Scale 10: 2618 to 4152 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
In addition to a good monthly salary we offer, among others, 8.3% extra allowance at the end of the year and 8% for holidays. For more information on our conditions, please visit www.werkenbijvumc.nl/arbeidsvoorwaarden (with link to English page).
We offer a young and dynamic environment in health care, covering an active research group in genomics and data analysis.
The project will last 2 years. Employment will initially be for a period of one year, after mutual agreement the contract will be extended till the end of the project.

Additional information
=================
The anticipated start date will be July 1, 2017. Your position is at the VU University Medical Center, within the Cancer Center Amsterdam. For more information you can visit www.vumc.nl/afdelingen/cca-site/ or the Tumor Genome Analysis Core website via www.tgac.nl.

Interested?
=========
If you're interested about this position, you can contact Prof. dr. Bauke Ylstra, Dept. Pathology, via telephone number +31(0)20-4442495. If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Faisca Stuiver, corporate recruiter at +31(0)20-4445635.

Kind regards,

Daoud Sie, PhD
Coordinator Genomics Research Facility
VU University Medical Center Amsterdam - department of Pathology
E: d.sie at vumc.nl
P: +31204442428

Present: Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri

De Boelelaan CCA-1.22, 1081 HV Amsterdam

Mailing adress: Postbus 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam

www.vumc.com
www.vumc.com/directions
Disclaimer
This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. VU University Medical Center accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.