[BBC] Last chance to submit your abstract for SCS2017 Prague

Cuypers Bart Bart.cuypers at uantwerpen.be
Wed Apr 26 12:40:02 CEST 2017

The ISCB Student Council is excited to announce the 13th Student Council Symposium (SCS) which will be hosted, preceding ISMB/ECCB 2017, at the Prague Congress Centre in Czech Republic on July 21, 2017. The SCS is an annual student-organized event, with a goal to highlight latest research from a wide variety of subfields of bioinformatics and computational biology.

SCS 2017 will bring an exciting program that includes keynote talks, contributed talks, poster session, and a social event in the evening. The symposium is a great opportunity to hear talks from an international group of students, learn about latest advances in computational biology, and build a worldwide scientific network.

We are also pleased to announce our keynote speakers:
Professor Christine Orengo from University College London (UCL). Prof. Orengo is an expert in bioinformatics and her research group, at UCL, focuses on understanding how protein domains are conserved over evolutionary time and developing methods to predict protein function.
Professor Johannes Söding from the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry. ). Prof. Söding is specialized in the development of statistical methods for the detection of distant evolutionary relationships on protein sequences, improving multiple sequence alignments and protein structure prediction.
Additional keynote information can be found online<http://symposium.iscbsc.org/scs2017-keynotes>.

You still can submit an abstract for an oral presentation and/or poster, however the deadline is approaching fast (April 30,2017).

Key Dates:
April 30, 2017                       Abstract Call Closes
May 14, 2017                        Travel Fellowship Call Closes
July 21, 2017                         13th Annual Student Council Symposium

You can help us spread the word by sharing the event flyer (attached to this e-mail) or using the hashtag #SCS17 on social media.

We look forward to welcome you in Prague this summer!

The SCS2017 Organizing Committee