[BBC] Data Manipulation and Visualisation with Python and Advanced Python for Biologists, Edinburgh, July 2017

Bert Overduin Bert.Overduin at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 2 15:13:20 CEST 2017

Dear all,

In July Edinburgh Genomics will be offering the following two 5-day Python
workshops, taught by Dr. Martin Jones of Python for Biologists (
http://pythonforbiologists.com):

DATA MANIPULATION AND VISUALISATION WITH PYTHON, 10-14 July 2017:

For details and to register:
http://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/data-manipulation-and-visualisation-python

ADVANCED PYTHON FOR BIOLOGISTS, 24-28 July 2017:

For details and to register:
http://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/advanced-python-biologists

The Advanced course is aimed at people who want to develop bigger or more
complicated programs in Python, or to learn more about the language, or to
explore different approaches (object-oriented, functional) to programming.
The material covered is very general purpose and can be applied to any kind
of problem.

The Dataviz course is about using a set of Python libraries that are
specifically designed for data exploration and visualisation. In the
Dataviz course, we're going to concentrate on using these tools to explore
patterns in data, but the actual code that we write will be very simple -
mostly we will be calling the functions and methods in these libraries.

To summarise: if you want to learn more about the language, build more
complicated programs, or need to work with existing complicated programs,
attend the Advanced course. If you want to explore datasets, find patterns,
produce figures and charts, attend the Dataviz course.

For both workshops knowledge at the level of the Edinburgh Genomics
workshop INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON FOR BIOLOGISTS (
http://genomics.ed.ac.uk/services/introduction-python-biologists) is
sufficient.

Please don't hesitate to contact me in case you have any questions.

With kind regards,
Bert

--
Bert Overduin, PhD