[BBC] Reminder: 13th Student Council Symposium

ISCBSC announcement volunteers at iscbsc.org
Wed May 10 09:56:18 CEST 2017

Dear All,

The ISCB Student Council is excited to announce the *13th Student Council
Symposium (SCS)* which will be hosted, preceding *ISMB/ECCB 2017*, at the
Prague Congress Centre in Czech Republic on July 21, 2017. The SCS is an
annual student-organized event, with a goal to highlight latest research
from a wide variety of subfields of bioinformatics and computational
biology.

The SCS 2017 will include keynote talks, contributed talks, poster session,
and a social event in the evening. The symposium is a great opportunity to
hear talks from an international group of students, learn about latest
advances in computational biology, and build a worldwide scientific network.

We are also pleased to announce our keynote speakers: *Professor Christine
Orengo* from University College London (UCL), and *Dr. Johannes Söding *from
the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry.

Prof. Orengo is an expert in bioinformatics and her research group, at UCL,
focuses on understanding how protein domains are conserved over
evolutionary time and developing methods to predict protein function. Dr.
Söding is specialized in the development of statistical methods for the
detection of distant evolutionary relationships on protein sequences.
Additional keynote information can be found online
<http://symposium.iscbsc.org/scs2017-keynotes>.

Please *submit your abstract soon *for poster and/or an oral presentation!
The deadline is approaching fast (*May 14, 2017*).

*Key Dates:*

May 14, 2017                        Abstract Call Closes

May 14, 2017                        Travel Fellowship Call Closes

*July 21, 2017                        13th Annual Student Council Symposium*

You can help us spread the word by sharing the event flyer (please find it
attached) and using the hashtag *#SCS17* on social media.

We look forward to welcome you in Prague this summer!

The SCS2017 Organizing Committee

<http://www.ectmih2017.be/>

Disclaimer <http://www.itg.be/disclaimer>          Directions to our
location(s) <http://g.co/maps/ua89b>