[BBC] Data Scientist Position at ONTOFORCE

Bérénice Wulbrecht berenice at ontoforce.com
Fri Sep 1 15:40:33 CEST 2017

Are you passionate about the endless potential of data and how this could
be opened up to everyone? Then join us. We are ONTOFORCE, a Belgian company
and global leader in the development of groundbreaking semantic search
technologies. Our user-friendly search platform DISQOVER makes unique links
between data sources, enabling everyone to be a data scientist.
We’re now looking for a talented and highly motivated Data Scientist to
join our data team.
Our working environment

In the data team, we handle the semantic integration of data and the
management of open, public as well as private data sources.
Because more data means more and better insights. And that’s what you,
along with us, can make possible.

At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile development environment, giving every
co-worker a high degree of freedom, room for initiative and the possibility
to take up responsibility.
The Data Scientist’s job description

   - As Data Scientist, you implement the ETL and semantic integration of
   new data sources in DISQOVER using semantic web technologies like RDF
   (Resource Description Framework), bash and python scripting and more. In
   other words, you extract, transform, load, link and map all types of public
   and private data.
   - You are able to interact with customers and translate their
   requirements into custom data integrations
   - Your knowledge helps us to continuously optimize the ONTOFORCE
   integration ontology by developing new methodologies for knowledge
   extraction, data integration and mapping.
   - You collaborate closely with the software architects, other
   team members and customers to ensure up-to-date technical knowledge for
   yourself and the team. You manage the automated data update pipeline.
   - As we work in a global setting with customers all over the world,
   you’re also prepared to travel occasionally.

The Data Scientist’s profile

You hold…

   - A PhD or a Master’s degree in computer science/informatics,
   engineering, bio informatics (or equivalent)

Profound experience with scripting (e.g. Python)

   - At least 5 years of relevant experience
   - Profound experience with scripting (in e.g. Python)
   - Experience with Linux OS
   - Proficiency with distributed version control software (e.g. git)
   - Excellent oral and written communication skills in English

A distinct plus would be knowledge of or experience with…

   - RDF, relational and graph based database technologies (SQL, SPARQL,
   etc.)
   - Machine learning and text mining technologies
   - Life sciences related data
   - Linked data and semantic web technologies

People we love to work with are…

   - Passionate
   - Fast learners
   - Result and solution driven
   - Team players
   - Quality-driven

Apply now!

Do you have outstanding technical skills and a thorough understanding of
the systems used in the context of Big Data integration? Are you a
quality-driven communicator who’s interested in tackling big challenges?
Then apply now!

Want to know more? Visit our ONTOFORCE website <http://www.ontoforce.com/>
 or blog <http://www.ontoforce.com/blog/>. Or discover DISQOVER
<https://www.disqover.com/#start> for yourself through our free license
<https://www.disqover.com/#signup>.

--

[image: logo ONTOFORCE] <http://www.ontoforce.com/>
Berenice Wulbrecht

berenice at ontoforce.com
www.ontoforce.com
Meetdistrict, Ottergemsesteenweg-Zuid 808, 9000 Gent, Belgium CIC, One
Broadway, MA 02142 Cambridge, United States