[BBC] Submit your abstract for Applied Bioinformatics in Life Sciences (2nd) 8-9 March 2018

Alexander Botzki team at vibconferences.be
Fri Dec 8 14:43:58 CET 2017

Your invitation for #ABLS18

No Images?  Click here http://email.vibconferences.be/t/r-e-jrtrirlk-kdnlrgz-u/

Deadline for abstract submission is 11 January 2018

Dear colleague,

The second edition of the two day event ‘Applied Bioinformatics in Life Sciences’ organized by the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), will take place on 8-9 March, 2018 in Leuven, Belgium.

After a sold-out first edition in March 2016, this second edition will feature recent developments in bioinformatics research, and highlight the power of computational biology in the fields of medical, agricultural, and biotechnology research.

With this email we would like to invite you to submit your own research for presentation and to join us and our speakers at #ABLS18.

Register early [http://vibconferences.be/event/applied-bioinformatics-in-life-sciences-2nd-edition]

Special rate for PhD students + poster award

To support junior researchers, VIB offers PhD students a special rate when registering before 11 January 2018. Showcase your own research to the international research community during the poster sessions at the conference. The best abstracts will be selected for a presentation and the best poster will receive a poster prize!

Submit your abstract [http://vibconferences.be/event/applied-bioinformatics-in-life-sciences-2nd-edition]

Final program available

The full line-up is as follows:

Stein Aerts - VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research, BENaama Barkai - Weizmann Institute of Science, ILStephan Beck - UCL, UKYana Bromberg - Rutgers University, USAlbert Heck - Utrecht University, NLMichael MacCoss - University of Washington, USSteven Maere - VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems biology, BEChristine Orengo - University College London, UKMarkus Ralser - The Francis Crick Institute, UKSeung Yon (Sue) Rhee - Carnegie Institution for Science, USFrederic Rousseau - VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research, BERon Shamir - Tel Aviv University, ILOliver Stegle - EMBL-EBI, UKHenk Stunnenberg - Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Science, NLInes Thiele - University of Luxembourg, LUJanet Thornton - EMBL-EBI, UKMichele Vendruscolo - University of Cambridge, UKVicki Wysocki - Ohio State University, US

Grab this opportunity to meet experts in the field and to network with hundreds of scientists coming from all around the globe.

Visit the website [http://vibconferences.be/event/applied-bioinformatics-in-life-sciences-2nd-edition] for more info

Explore the historical university city of Leuven

Leuven households the KU Leuven. One of the oldest universities of Western Europe. The city is also home to the Anheuser-Busch InBev company, one of the world's largest brewing groups producing the Leuven-based Stella-Artois beer as one of their flagship brands.

We hope to have triggered your interest in our conference. In case you have questions or remarks, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you in Leuven in March 2018!

With kind regards,

Alexander Botzki

Organizing Committee:

Alexander Botzki, VIB Bioinformatics Core

Brigida Gallone, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Microbiology

Diether Lambrechts, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology

Joost Schymkowitz, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research

Vanezza Vermeirssen, VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems biology

Paola Masuzzo, VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology

Evy Vierstraete, VIB Science Events manager

To stop receiveiving our invitations please click below.