[BBC] ELIXIR Train-the-Trainer course - 26-27 March 2018 - Paris, France

Celia van Gelder celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
Thu Mar 15 07:46:11 CET 2018

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT  Please circulate this email to those who might be interested.

ELIXIR-FR in collaboration with ELIXIR-IT and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) are pleased to announce a Train the Trainer (TtT) event.

IMPORTANT DATES: Course date: 26-27 March, 2018

VENUE: Institut Pasteur, 25-28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France

We will accept a maximum of 25 participants. Priority will be given to candidates from Elixir- France and ELIXIR nodes. Notifications of acceptance will be sent shortly after the application, which will remain open until we reach 25 participants.

Full details and the application form at: https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2018/03/26/train-the-trainer-paris.html

COURSE DESCRIPTION:

The course is organized around four sessions, covering:

* Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching

* Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation

* Assessment and feedback in training and teaching

* Lesson, course, and materials design

Examples and discussions will also focus on the challenges presented by academic teaching.

Who may be interested in this course?

Whoever wants to become a teacher or a better one. If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.

* How learning works?

* How can I use learning principles to improve my teaching?

* How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?

* How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?

* How can I help slow learners?

* How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my

 lessons? Are they actually learning?

* What is the best balance between theory and practice?

* How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?

* What works in a classroom and what doesn’t?

* Etc.

Should you have any question about organizational issues, do not hesitate to contact the local organizer Victoria Dominguez Del Angel ( <mailto:victoria.dominguez at france-bioinformatique.fr> victoria.dominguez at france-bioinformatique.fr).

If you have questions regarding the course goals and content, you may contact the trainers: Allegra Via ( <mailto:allegra.via at gmail.com> allegra.via at gmail.com) and Patricia Palagi (patricia.palagi at sib.swiss <mailto:patricia.palagi at sib.swiss> ).

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Programme Manager Learning DTL/ELIXIR-NL Training
Education Manager BioSB
ELIXIR Training Platform Leader

tel. +31613375327
e-mail:  <mailto:celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl> celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
websites:   <http://www.dtls.nl/> www.dtls.nl,  <http://www.biosb.nl/> www.biosb.nl
skype: celia.van.gelder

Office: DTL | Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile (JIM) | 6th floor Beatrixgebouw | Jaarbeursplein 6 | 3521 AL Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 8500 | 3503 RM Utrecht