[BBC] [Gtpb] ADER18F Course Announcement / Reminder

GTPB Administration bicourses at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu Mar 15 09:13:53 CET 2018

                        Course Announcement / Reminder

ADER18F
Analysis of Differential Expression with RNAseq (first course in 2018)

with Daniel Sobral, Daniel Faria and Daniel Neves

Keyterms: RNAseq

The GTPB is proud to announce that the above referenced hands-on
training course is open for applications

Important dates
    IMPORTANT DATES for this Course
    Deadline for applications: March 30th 2018
    Course dates: April 9th - April 12th 2018

Admission:
Candidates with adequate profile will be accepted in the next 72 hours
after the application until we reach 20 participants.

High-throughput technologies allow us to detect transcripts present in
a cell or tissue. This course covers practical aspects of the analysis
of differential gene expression by RNAseq. Participants will be
presented with real world examples and work with them in the training
room, covering all the steps of RNAseq analysis, from planning the
gathering of sequence data to the generation of tables of
differentially expressed gene lists and visualization of results. We
we will also cover some of the initial steps of secondary analysis,
such as functional enrichment of the obtained gene lists.
Target Audiences
Life Scientists who want to be able to use NGS data to evaluate gene
expression (RNAseq). Computational researchers that wish to get
acquainted with the concepts and methodologies used in RNAseq are also
welcome. Participants are encouraged to bring their own data and will
have the opportunity to apply the concepts learned in the course.

Hoping that this course meets your interests,

Pedro Fernandes
--
Pedro L Fernandes
Bioinformatics Training Coordinator