[BBC] Vacancy Bioinformatician Genome Diagnostics Amsterdam UMC

Sie, D.L.S. (Daud) d.sie at vumc.nl
Mon Sep 3 18:20:18 CEST 2018

Dear all,

We are recruiting for a bioinformatician in the Genome Diagnostics section of the Clinical Genetics department Amsterdam UMC. Do you want to be part of bringing Next Generation Sequencing to patient care?

https://www.werkenbijvumc.nl/vacatures/bioinformaticus-genoomdiagnostiek/

English summary:

Our lab focusses on processing and analyzing Next Generation Sequencing data. A fully automated laboratory street, an array of Illumina NGS sequencers and high performance computing infrastructure allows us to efficiently process a large number of samples for patient care. Applications include non invasive prenatal testing (NIPT), deep whole genome sequencing, whole exome sequencing, targeted sequencing and amplicon sequencing. We collaborate intensively with research groups to develop CRIPSR/CAS assays, Liquid Biopsy techniques and RNA-seq applications where bioinformatics support is indispensable.

We are recruiting an additional member for our bioinformatics team, currently consisting of 5 people. Your responsibilities include:

-        Tending to routine diagnostics workflows

-        Validation and implementation of novel data analysis pipelines and algorithms

-        Development and maintenance of data analysis pipelines

-        Development and maintenance of HPC compute and storage infrastructure

-        Development and maintenance of lab information systems

-        Development and maintenance of lab robotics systems

-        Bioinformatics support for clinicians and researchers

Your profile includes:

-        HBO/WO degree in bioinformatics, preferably with relevant work experience

-        Experience with development and maintenance of analysis pipelines

-        Experience with scripting languages Python, Bash or PERL

-        Experience with Unix / Linux

-        Experience with R / Bioconductor / R Studio

-        Experience with High Performance Computing (SLURM / SGE)

-        Excellent communication skills

For more information you can contact:

Dr. Daoud Sie
E: d.sie at vumc.nl<mailto:d.sie at vumc.nl>
T: +31204442428

Or

Dr. Janneke Weiss
E: j.weiss at vumc.nl<mailto:j.weiss at vumc.nl>
T: +31204448355

Kind regards,

Daoud Sie, PhD

[cid:image001.png at 01D3FE70.9A3875A0]

Dr. Daoud Sie  |  Coordinator Bioinformatics  | Co-chair HPC Center of Expertise
Genome Diagnostics - Department of Clinical Genetics
Locatie VUmc | MF-J391 | Van Der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam
Locatie AMC | K-211 | Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam
T: (+31)20-4442428  |  E: d.sie at vumc.nl
www.amsterdamumc.nl<http://www.amsterdamumc.nl/>  |  www.vumc.nl<http://www.vumc.nl/> / www.amc.nl<http://www.amc.nl/>

VUmc disclaimer: www.vumc.nl/disclaimer<http://www.vumc.nl/disclaimer>
AMC disclaimer: www.amc.nl/disclaimer<http://www.amc.nl/disclaimer>