[BBC] Big Data Challenge: multiple PhD positions available at the German Cancer Research Center

Pavlo Lutsik p.lutsik at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 5 09:46:28 CET 2018

Dear all,

I would like to draw the attention of all current and graduated M.Sc. students to the International PhD Program of the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ):

https://www.dkfz.de/en/phd-program/

The selection takes place twice a year with the upcoming deadline on Jan 5th. The program is highly competitive, and computational biologists are making pretty good chances nowadays.

The centre, located at the core of the Heidelberg research campus, is an excellent institution within the Helmholtz Association, and is a home to more than 3000 scientists. I am representing the division of Cancer Epigenomics, where we have way too many exciting projects and data sets requiring bioinformatic expertise. We help in deciphering  epigenetic mechanisms of cancer, but also develop new computational methods. In case you are interested in what we are doing use this link (https://www.dkfz.de/en/CanEpi/index.php) or just drop me a line and we can discuss the next steps.

Please, spread the word to your colleagues who might be interested, but are not subscribed to this list.

Best regards,

Pavlo Lutsik

Cancer Epigenomics
Postdoctoral Fellow