[BBC] Tenure Track Assistant Professor Artificial Intelligence for Systems Medicine @TUEindhoven

Riel, N.A.W. van N.A.W.v.Riel at tue.nl
Thu Jun 27 20:36:33 CEST 2019

We are hiring: Tenure Track Assistant Professor Artificial Intelligence for Systems Medicine @TUEindhoven: https://jobs.tue.nl/en/vacancy/assistant-professor-artificial-intelligence-for-systems-medicine-657653.html .

We seek to appoint a scientist/engineer who is passionate about research as well as teaching. We are looking for a creative and pro-active team player to establish a complementary research line. We work on biomedical systems biology, which ranges from fundamental science to clinical applications. Existing research lines focus on oncology and metabolic disease. We search for candidates with a PhD degree in computational biology, biomedical signal processing, or other relevant discipline to develop a research line on 'Artificial Intelligence for Systems Medicine'. In this Tenure Track position model-based data analysis and signal processing will be developed, combining computer simulation models of the human physiological system, stochastic models of uncertainties and variation in the process, and (biosensor) data, for application in systems medicine. Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is applied for real-time learning and adaptation of the models, to accurately estimate the current state of the system and to predict its future trajectory. In addition to execution of research and education the candidate is expected to actively setup collaborations and secure research funding. The candidate will play an active role in the new TU/e Artificial Intelligence institute.

Kind regards,
Prof. dr. ir. Natal van Riel