[BBC] Conference - Genome Science 2019 - 3rd to 5th September EDINBURGH

WATSON Mick mick.watson at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 12:59:11 CEST 2019

Dear All

Genome Science is a conference which is held annually in the UK, covers all aspects of genomics and sequencing technologies, and will be held this year in Edinburgh 3rd to 5th September http://genomescience.co.uk/

We have four incredible keynote speakers:

  *   Dr Sarah Teichmann, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute - Immunogenomics one cell at a time
  *   Professor Wendy Bickmore, Director of the MRC Human Genetics Unit - Understanding function in the non-coding genome
  *   Professor Jane Carlton, NYU Center for Genomics and Systems Biology - Using genomics to understand the biology and evolution of parasites
  *   Dr Kirsten Bos, Max-Planck-Institut für Menschheitsgeschichte - Genomic reconstructions of ancient pathogens
Check out our exciting programme here: http://genomescience.co.uk/programme/
Our flagship "Evolving technologies" session will include talks on all of the major sequencing technologies: Illumina, BGI, Oxford Nanopore and PacBio; as well as a number of exciting talks about innovative genomics technologies.
New sessions this year include "Single cell genomics" and "Genome Engineering"
Register here: http://genomescience.co.uk/register/
Abstract deadline is 15th July! - http://genomescience.co.uk/abstracts/
Please also sign up for the conference dinner, where Oxford Nanopore will give a live demo of their MinION mobile sequencing device; http://genomescience.co.uk/venue/
Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you there!

Mick Watson
(on behalf of the organising committee)