[BBC] Okinawa workshop on Qualitative Computational Modeling for Biological Networks

Yves Moreau moreau at esat.kuleuven.be
Fri Jul 12 13:03:01 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

It's our pleasure to invite you to Okinawa for a workshop on Qualitative computational modeling for biological networks.

The workshop will be held on October 31st, as a satellite to the 2019 ICSB conference:

https://www2.aeplan.co.jp/icsb2019/tutorials_satellite.html <https://www2.aeplan.co.jp/icsb2019/tutorials_satellite.html>

The program will cover:
• Boolean and logical modeling
• Petri nets
• molecular interaction maps
• community standards development and interoperability
• model composition and modularity
• analytical methods
• network inference
• model curation and annotation

And we can already announce invited talks by:
• Marcelle Kaufman (Free University of Brussels, Belgium)
• Edda Klipp (Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany)
• Takeyuki Tamura (Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan)

Applications are now open for oral presentation based on abstract submission.
Call for oral presentations: https://www.easychair.org/cfp/QualMod2019 <https://www.easychair.org/cfp/QualMod2019>
Submission link: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=qualmod2019 <https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=qualmod2019>

Submissions will be selected after review by the workshop's scientific commitee.

Scientific committee:
• Tatsuya Akutsu (Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan)
• Réka Albert (Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania)
• Claudine Chaouiya (Aix-Marseille University, France / Gulbenkian Institute, Portugal)
• Thomas Helikar (Department of Biochemistry, University of Nebraska, USA)
• Ina Koch (Institute of Computer Science, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany)
• Reinhard Laubenbacher (Jackson Laboratory / UConn School of Medicine, Connecticut)
• Hiroshi Matsuno (Yamaguchi University, Japan)
• Atsushi Mochizuki (Kyoto University, Japan)
• Heike Siebert (Berlin Free University, Germany)

Key dates:
• Submission deadline: July 13th
• Notification of Acceptance: July. 31st

Workshop registration:
As a satellite to ICSB we don't have a separate registration process. All participants must be registered to the main event.
• Early bird registration until June 28th.
• Late registration till September 20th
https://www2.aeplan.co.jp/icsb2019/registration.html <https://www2.aeplan.co.jp/icsb2019/registration.html>

Looking forward to meeting you in Okinawa,

Adrien Fauré & Denis Thieffry.

Prof. Denis THIEFFRY
Ecole Normale Supérieure - Département de Biologie
IBENS - UMR ENS - CNRS 8197 - INSERM 1024
46 rue d'Ulm, 75230 Paris Cedex 05, FRANCE