[BBC] ELIXIR Train-the-Trainer event in Breda, the Netherlands, 29-30 August 2019, registration open.

Celia van Gelder celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
Sun Jul 21 10:06:51 CEST 2019

Dear all,

ELIXIR-NL and ELIXIR-CH are pleased to announce an ELIXIR Train the Trainer course.

It will take place on 29-30 of August in Breda. The registration for the event is free of charge.

Train-the-Trainer courses are for scientists:

*	with some to little or no teaching experience,
*	who want to become a teacher or a better one, and
*	who believe teaching is - or may become - a relevant aspect of their professional development.

The course is made up of four sessions, covering

*	Learning principles and how they apply to training
*	Training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
*	Assessment and feedback in training
*	Session, course, and materials design

The workshop format is very interactive and hands-on.

The registration and agenda with more details available here <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elixir-excelerate-train-the-trainer-event-tickets-65392056401> .

For ELIXIR members there is a Travel Grant Schema in place. Please check here <https://elixir-europe.org/intranet/travel-grant-scheme>  for more details (ELIXIR Intranet login needed). The deadline for the applications for the Travel Grant is 30 days before the start of the event.

Please feel free to contact mateusz.kuzak at dtls.nl <mailto:mateusz.kuzak at dtls.nl>  or celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl <mailto:celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl>  with any questions.

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Programme Manager DTL Learning

Training Coordinator ELIXIR-NL

ELIXIR Training Platform Leader

tel. +31613375327

e-mail: celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl <mailto:celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl>

websites: https://www.dtls.nl/, https://www.elixir-europe.org/platforms/training

skype: celia.van.gelder

Office: DTL | Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile (JIM) | 6th floor Beatrixgebouw | Jaarbeursplein 6 | 3521 AL Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 8500 | 3503 RM Utrecht

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.