[BBC] Genome Science 2019 - full programme - registration deadline August 19th

WATSON Mick mick.watson at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 11:28:22 CEST 2019

Dear All

Genome Science is a conference which is held annually in the UK, covers all aspects of genomics and sequencing technologies, and will be held this year in Edinburgh 3rd to 5th September http://genomescience.co.uk/

We have four incredible keynote speakers:

  *   Dr Sarah Teichmann, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute - Immunogenomics one cell at a time
  *   Professor Wendy Bickmore, Director of the MRC Human Genetics Unit - Understanding function in the non-coding genome
  *   Professor Jane Carlton, NYU Center for Genomics and Systems Biology - Using genomics to understand the biology and evolution of parasites
  *   Dr Kirsten Bos, Max-Planck-Institut für Menschheitsgeschichte - Genomic reconstructions of ancient pathogens
Check out our full and almost final programme here: http://genomescience.co.uk/programme/
The last few places are being taken, registration deadline is Aug 19th, pleased register here: http://genomescience.co.uk/register/
Please also sign up for the conference dinner, where Oxford Nanopore will give a live demo of their MinION mobile sequencing device; http://genomescience.co.uk/venue/
Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you there!

Mick Watson
(on behalf of the organising committee)

Head of Genetics and Genomics, The Roslin Institute
Personal Chair in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
The Roslin Institute and R(D)SVS
University of Edinburgh
Easter Bush
Edinburgh