[BBC] Containers & Workflow pipelines course

Tuur Muyldermans Tuur.Muyldermans at vib.be
Tue Feb 25 11:29:39 CET 2020

Dear,

On Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 May 2020 ELIXIR Belgium and VIB are organizing a 'Containers and Workflow Pipelines for reproducible and automated data analysis<https://training.vib.be/containers-and-workflow-pipelines-reproducible-and-automated-data-analysis>' course in Ghent. For this two day course we invited the Bioinformatics core of the Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona!

The first day is dedicated to Containers (Docker & Singularity) which are great tools for code portability and analysis reproducibility. You will learn how to build a container from scratch, share it with others and how to re-use and modify existing containers. On the second day, you will learn how to use Nextflow for building scalable and reproducible bioinformatics pipelines and running them on a personal computer, cluster and cloud.

With the rising interest in these topics, we hope this might be of interest to you. We start from scratch, however will build up fast and expect prior bioinformatics & programming knowledge.

The full program is online and registrations are open via this link<https://training.vib.be/containers-and-workflow-pipelines-reproducible-and-automated-data-analysis>.

Best,
Tuur Muyldermans
On behalf of the ELIXIR Belgium team

Tuur Muyldermans - ELIXIR Bioinformatics Trainer

ELIXIR Belgium | VIB Bioinformatics Core
Rijvisschestraat 126, 9052 Ghent | +32 9 248 16 01
www.elixir-belgium.org<https://www.elixir-belgium.org/> | https://corefacilities.vib.be<https://corefacilities.vib.be/>