[BBC] Two open positions at the Bio2Byte group, IB2/VUB, Brussels

Wim VRANKEN Wim.Vranken at vub.be
Thu Jan 21 11:53:31 CET 2021

Dear all,

Our Bio2Byte group at the VUB and the Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels works on the prediction of protein characteristics, and the interpretation of these predictions in relation to life science problems (see https://bio2byte.be/). We are now launching a project, together with UGent and UCL, to investigate the proteome-scale relationships between the post-translational modifications (PTMs) of proteins, their sub-cellular location, their interactions and their biophysical characteristics. If you want to join this project, and work in an internationally oriented research group focused on team work and collaborations, we offer:

- a PhD/postdoc research position in MD and structural bioinformatics
- a software developer to support our online services and development of prediction tools

The positions are immediately available, more information on them, and how to apply, can be found here:

https://www.bio2byte.be/opportunities

Please also forward this information to anyone you think might be interested!

Best regards,

Wim

Prof. Dr. Wim Vranken                Tel: +32 (0)2 6291952 (VUB)

VUB - Building E, 5th Floor, E5.02, Pleinlaan 2 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Structural Biology Brussels/Artificial Intelligence/General Chemistry/Biomedical sciences
Research professor - http://bio2byte.be/

ULB-VUB - Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels (IB)2
Member and former director - http://ibsquare.be/