[BBC] Permanent position, NBIS Uppsala Sweden

Lieven Sterck Lieven.Sterck at psb.vib-ugent.be
Thu Mar 4 10:01:00 CET 2021

on behalf of Henrik Lantz (joint head of NBIS support team):

If you know of someone who would be crazy enough to move to Sweden, or if you have any possibilities of spreading the link in your networks, that would be appreciated a lot.

[ https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=381399 | https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=381399 ]

We know that this person will get to work with genome annotation, but depending on the projects we get, there could definitely be other types of analysis too. We do not require previous experience with genome annotation as we have staff around who could teach the new person. Experience and talent in DNA/RNA-based bioinformatics is more important! The position does not include research, this is a staff-scientist position focused on support to Swedish researchers. It is a permanent position.

All the best,
Henrik

Lieven Sterck - Senior Postdoctoral Scientist
Bioinformatics

VIB Department of Plant Systems Biology
Ghent University
Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 71 - 9052 Ghent - Belgium
Tel. +32(0)9 331 38 21
[ http://bioinformatics.psb.ugent.be/ | http://bioinformatics.psb.ugent.be ]

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true"
- H. Simpson