[BBC] Opening Conference | March 16th, 18h CET | SEX AND GENDER BIASES IN AI AND HEALTH

Eva Alloza eva.alloza at bsc.es
Mon Mar 15 14:11:34 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

Please find below information about the series *"Sex and Gender Biases
in AI and Health"*
<http://bioinfo4women.bsc.es/sex-and-gender-bias-in-artificial-intelligence-and-health>organised
by the bioinfo4women <http://bioinfo4women.bsc.es> programme (BSC) which
will kick-off with the opening conference taking place tomorrow
including talks by Alfonso Valencia (BSC, ICREA, INB/ELIXIR-ES) and
Maria Teresa Ferretti (Women's Brain Project - WBP).

*T*he series in *"Sex and Gender Bias in Artificial Intelligence and
Health: Building the future for Equality"*, organised by the
Bioinfo4women programme of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center and the
La Caixa Foundation, kicks off tomorrow, March 16th, and will continue
until June 16th, 2021.

The program will tackle the problem of sex and gender bias in health and
the impact of new technologies, such as personalized medicine and
artificial intelligence (AI), from different perspectives. We will
discuss and analyze the opportunities these technologies may offer to
health, but also the risks that they pose if misused.

We invite you to join this challenge, follow the lectures and
participate in the debate. It is a unique opportunity to understand and
to talk to national and international experts in this field.

The opening conference will take place tomorrow, Tuesday *March 16, from
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CET)*. Below you will find all the information
about the programme and the links to attend in person or online via
streaming.

We would appreciate if you could help us spread the word and
*disseminate this event among your contacts*. We look forward to your
participation for a better future!

Series Website:
http://bioinfo4women.bsc.es/sex-and-gender-bias-in-artificial-intelligence-and-health

Opening conference:

  * Streaming in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEWtnldJln4
  * Streaming in Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp2JGJaT8fQ
  * Book your seat to attend the opening conference in person in the
    Palau Macaya:
    https://proticketing.com/palaumacaya/es_ES/entradas/evento/19721/session/1119615/select?viewCode=Vista_Principal

Warm regards,

--
--
Eva Alloza
mail: eva.alloza at bsc.es
web: http://inb-elixir.es

Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS)
c/Jordi Girona, 31 - Torre Girona Building
08034 Barcelona (Spain)

http://bsc.es/disclaimer