[BBC] EMBO Practical Course | Research to Service: Planning and Running a Bioinformatics Core Facility (4-8 October, virtual)

Eva Alloza eva.alloza at bsc.es
Wed Jun 9 18:36:54 CEST 2021

Dear BBC-list colleagues,

We are happy to announce that the application is now open to participate
in the *EMBO Practical Course | Research to Service: Planning and
Running a Bioinformatics Core Facility*
<https://tinyurl.com/EMBObioinformaticscore>, taking place on-line on
October 04-08, 2021.

The course is aimed at newly appointed managers of bioinformatics core
facilities, specially those with one foot in the research camp, or those
managers willing to stabilize and grow their services. The training
setting will provide an opportunity to learn from experienced core
facilities managers on how to build a framework for the future
development, resourcing, operation and impact assessment of your core
services.

By the end of the course, participants will have learned how to:

  *      Identify the strengths and limitations of their core facility
    and prioritise areas for improvement
  *      Design bioinformatics services and training using a
    user-centred approach and assuring best practices
  *      Estimate the computing and human resources required to operate
    their facility effectively
  *      Support users to manage their data, including sensitive data

*Course applications will be open until June 30, including the option to
apply for**registration fee waivers and childcare grants*:
https://tinyurl.com/EMBObioinformaticscore
<https://tinyurl.com/EMBObioinformaticscore>

We would be grateful if you could spread the word within your contacts.

Warm regards on behalf of the course organising committee:

    /Salvador Capella-Gutiérrez, BSC, INB/ELIXIR-ES/
    /Cath Brooksbank, EMBL-EBI/
    /Eva Alloza//, BSC, INB/ELIXIR-ES/
    /Ezgi Karaca, IBG/
    /Sheila Zúñiga, IIS INCLIVA/

--
Eva Alloza
Training and Support Officer
mail: eva.alloza at bsc.es
web: http://inb-elixir.es

Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS)
c/Jordi Girona, 31 - Torre Girona Building
08034 Barcelona (Spain)

> If you are having trouble reading this email, view the Web Version.
> <https://enews.embo.org/?EventID=pc20-25>
>
> EMBO events <http://www.embo.org/events>
>
> EMBO Practical Course
>

>   Research to service: Planning and running a bioinformatics core facility
>
> 4–8 October 2021 | Virtual
>
> Interested in attending? Visit the website:
> https://meetings.embo.org/event/20-bioinformatics-core
> <https://meetings.embo.org/event/20-bioinformatics-core>
> Register by: 30 June 2021
>
>  Find us on Facebook at
> https://www.facebook.com/events/205555134724124
> <https://www.facebook.com/events/205555134724124> or join the
> conversation on Twitter with #EMBObioinformaticscore
>
> EMBO <http://www.embo.org/> 	calendar
> <http://events.embo.org/>facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/EMBO-excellence-in-life-sciences/226032940763066>twitter
> <https://twitter.com/emboevents>youtube
> <http://www.youtube.com/user/EMBOcomm?feature=mhee>

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer <http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer>

http://bsc.es/disclaimer