[BBC] Bioinformatician MSc/PhD

Hanneke van Deutekom hwmvandeutekom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 17:10:53 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have a vacancy in my team;

https://www.werkenbijumcutrecht.nl/international/vacancies/Pages/bioinformatician%20(2021-01093).aspx

The Genetics department is in search of an enthusiastic, creative
bioinformatician to strengthen their bioinformatics team.

Patient care is central to the Genetics department. Therefore, we
constantly innovate. Bioinformatics has a crucial role in this innovation.
Within the Genetics department, the bioinformatic challenges range from the
detection of genetic variants using different techniques (e.g. WGS, RNAseq,
and long-read sequencing) to advanced data analysis and interpretation.

We offer an innovative, multidisciplinary environment in which you will
work as an independent professional on the development of a new standard in
genetic care. We are in need of a talent who can develop software that
integrates WGS data and RNA sequencing data to interpret genetic variants.
You will contribute to shape the genetic care of the future!

Best wishes
Hanneke van Deutekom
Head of Bioinformatics, Genome Diagnostics, Genetics, UMC Utrecht