[BBC] PhD position in biophysical protein evolution in Brussels

Wim VRANKEN Wim.Vranken at vub.be
Fri Sep 10 18:35:31 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Please see attached PDF for the description of a PhD position at the Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels, jointly between the Bio2Byte group at the VUB and the EEG (Ecological & Evolutionary Genomics) group of ULB.

We’re very excited to start with the work as soon as possible; by developing methods that can gather information about the environmental requirements of proteins, we should be able to provide very complementary information to protein folds, as now very accessible through AlphaFold.

Best,

Wim

Prof. Dr. Wim Vranken                Tel: +32 (0)2 6291952 (VUB)

VUB - Building E, 5th Floor, E5.02, Pleinlaan 2 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Structural Biology Brussels/Artificial Intelligence/General Chemistry/Biomedical sciences
Research professor - http://bio2byte.be/

ULB-VUB - Interuniversity Institute of Bioinformatics in Brussels (IB)2
Member and former director - http://ibsquare.be/