[BBC] Full tenured Prof in Cancer Bioinformatics (deadline next Monday 10 Jan!)

Laurent Gatto laurent.gatto at uclouvain.be
Fri Jan 7 17:39:17 CET 2022

Professor in Cancer Bioinformatics
Job ID: 047988.
Deadline: 12 noon GMT/7am EST/11am CEST on Monday Jan 10th next
The official job description, details and application form are at http://ul.ie/hrvacancies/

I recently moved to UL, and we launched the Limerick Digital Cancer Research Center, which brings together oncology, digital pathology, data science, AI/ML and technological research and the University Hospital.  We have a bold vision to develop clinically impactful digital cancer research and broad areas of interest include 3D digital pathology, cancer organoids, tumor-immune, tumor microenvironment, viral cancer biology, integrative analysis of single cell ‘omics data, proteomics, transcriptomics, MS/MS metabolomics, wearable technology data with clinical and other data.  It is leveraging UL’s research leadership in software engineering, math, data science, AI/ML, industry 4.0/digital twin technology, real-time in vivo monitoring,  biomaterials, nanotechnology, drug-delivery and materials science. UL runs several undergrad, masters and professional degrees in R programming/data science and other software languages, providing students skilled to engage in biostatisticial, computational and bioinformatics research.

Candidate should be willing to engage in innovative cutting-edge science across disciplines. Candidates from academic, industry or non-traditional career paths are encouraged.

Happy to talk to anyone about the position.

Best
Aedin

--
Aedín C. Culhane, Ph.D.
Professor of Cancer Genomics
aedin.culhane at ul.ie
(she/her/hers)

[I work flexible hours across several time zones. I don't expect you to read or respond to my emails outside of your normal working hours]