[BBC] Student positions - Computational Cancer Research

Vosberg, Sebastian sebastian.vosberg at medunigraz.at
Wed Aug 10 11:31:03 CEST 2022

Dear list members,

for my research group (Computational Cancer Research) at Medical University of Graz, I am seeking for a PhD candidate with a high interest in implementing bioinformatics approaches to cancer research questions. Candidates may have any background such as bioinformatics/biology/genetics/biotechnology/medicine/etc.

Here a quick overview of our work:
We are aiming at developing novel computational approaches for cancer research with a major focus on characterizing the molecular background of tumors across different omics levels and its evolution under therapy. We want to learn about mechanisms of treatment resistance and/or cancer recurrence and to stratify personalized treatment options. Our projects are motivated by actual clinical research questions and we work in a highly interactive environment with very close contact to clinicians and wet-lab researchers.

In particular, I am currently seeking for a PhD student for a computational cancer research project focusing on epigenetic signatures in lung and breast cancer, starting as soon as possible. More details can be found at https://www.medunigraz.at/doktoratsstudien/phd-program/phd, interested candidates may apply via the online form until September 20.

Thank you very much and best wishes,
Sebastian Vosberg