[BBC] FW: Postdoctoral position at Luis Graca Lab, Lisbon

Dileep Kumar, Saumya saumya.dileepkumar at helmholtz-hzi.de
Tue Nov 8 12:14:56 CET 2022

Hello,

Please can you help advertising this postdoc position? If any more information required, I can help.

Best Regards,
Saumya

From: Luis Graca <lgraca at medicina.ulisboa.pt>
Date: Saturday, 5. November 2022 at 13:52
To: Saumya Dileep Kumar <saumya.dileepkumar at helmholtz-hzi.de>
Subject: Postdoctoral position at Luis Graca Lab, Lisbon

Dear Saumya,

I would appreciate your help in advertising a post-doctoral position at my lab in Lisbon, open until November 30. The attached PDF has detailed information. In brief, we are seeking highly motivated postdocs with a background in computational biology. The research will use single-cell and spatial transcriptomics technologies to investigate the regulation of antibody production following vaccination. In parallel, equivalent datasets from biopsies of autoimmune patients will provide an opportunity to explore the immune dysregulation leading to autoimmunity.

The host laboratory, led by Luis Graca, has recognized expertise in studying immune regulation and the role of specialized populations of regulatory T cells (Nature Comms 2017, Science Immunol 2017). The lab focuses on investigating various regulatory mechanisms in immune biology, with particular interest in the regulation of the germinal centre (GC) responses, key for antibody production following infection, vaccination, and autoimmunity (Nature Rev Rheumat 2019; Immunol Rev 2019). The group has developed sophisticated methods and protocols that allow detailed investigation of GCs in mice and humans, while making use of single-cell -omics technologies and various statistical, machine learning, and computational methods to examine the detailed profile of GC cells and propose new models of regulation (Science Immunol 2021). Our expertise in computational and mathematical approaches has been used to address problems ranging from cell biology (bioRxiv 2022) to human populations (N Engl J Med 2022).