[BBC] 2023 🍾 Check what is coming up.

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Thu Jan 5 15:45:29 CET 2023

[cid:image001.png at 01D91546.6FFD3720]    [signature_2008044598]

       2023 is in around the corner! 🍾

Check what is coming up.

Dear colleagues,

Coming up in 2023 we are offering trainings that can help you with different stages of the Research Data Management (RDM) of your project, you can start keeping track of versions of your code and writing by following introduction to Git & GitHub. And you can make your analysis reproducible using Docker (and Singularity) for reproducible and automated data analysis. Without forgetting that you can have scalable and reproducible pipelines built with Nextflow for reproducible and automated data analysis.

Find bellow the details you need to join us in any of the coming up trainings.

Don’t forget to subscribe!

Introduction to Git & GitHub

8th February 2023 – Brussels

Face to Face training

This workshop will take you through the basic use of Git and GitHub. Git is a free and open source distributed version-control system designed to maintain code, track changes, recover old versions and collaborate with other developers

Registration and info: Link for Git & GitHub<https://training.vib.be/all-trainings/introduction-git-github-5>

Docker (and Singularity) for reproducible and automated data analysis

13th and 14th March 2023 – Leuven

Face to Face training

The course will give an introduction to containers (Docker & Singularity) which are great components to achieve portability and reproducibility of your analysis. You will learn how to use containers and how to build a container from scratch, share it with others and how to re-use and modify existing containers. After an extensive explanation on Docker containers, Singularity will be highlighted as well.

Registration and info: Docker and reproducibility<https://training.vib.be/all-trainings/nextflow-reproducible-and-automated-data-analysis-0>

Nextflow for reproducible and automated data analysis

30th and 31st March 2023 – Leuven

Face to Face training

You will learn how to use Nextflow for building scalable and reproducible bioinformatics pipelines and running them on a personal computer, cluster and cloud. Starting from the basic concepts we will build our own simple pipeline and add new features with every step, all in the new DSL2 language.

Registration and info: NextFlow automated pipeline<https://training.vib.be/all-trainings/nextflow-reproducible-and-automated-data-analysis-0>

Kind regards,
Bruna Piereck

ELIXIR Belgium Training Coordinator
VIB Bioinformatics Core

Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 75
9052 Zwijnaarde, Belgium
tel +32 0497 2988 73

[cid:image001.png at 01D91546.6FFD3720][signature_2008044598]