[BBC] open PhD position in computational biology

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Thu May 25 12:02:16 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues

within the context of a Stichting Tegen Kanker project we are looking for a talented and highly motivated PhD candidate on single cell multi-omics glioblastoma research to join our enthusiastic team.

Specifically, you will implement and optimize methodologies (cutting-edge computational and experimental single cell multi-omics) and analyse and integrate high-dimensional data to unravel the regulatory heterogeneity in glioblastoma and identify key regulatory programs of plasticity.

For more info on the job profile, the offer and how to apply: https://www.ugent.be/en/work/scientific/phd-student-41

The lab for Computational Biology, Integromics and Gene Regulation - CBIGR - of prof. Vanessa Vermeirssen focuses on acquiring a functional understanding of gene regulation and signalling towards personalized medicine, using statistics, bioinformatics and machine learning, as well as high-throughput biology in the framework of gene regulatory networks. Our final goal is to use this knowledge in the development of novel preventive or therapeutic strategies for successful personal healthcare. We are part of the Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology and the Department of Biomolecular Medicine, with recognised expertise in molecular biology, omics technologies, bioinformatics and cancer at Ghent University. We are also partner of the Cancer Research Institute Ghent (CRIG), https://www.crig.ugent.be/en/prof-vanessa-vermeirssen-phd.

I would be happy if you could distribute this further to interested candidates.

Kind regards

Vanessa Vermeirssen

Vanessa Vermeirssen, PhD
Prof. Dr. ir. Vanessa Vermeirssen
Lab for Computational Biology, Integromics and Gene Regulation (CBIGR)

Ghent University (UGent)
Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology
Department of Biomolecular Medicine
Cancer Research Institute Ghent (CRIG)

Zwijnaarde-Technologiepark 71, 9052 Ghent
C. Heymanslaan 10, 9000 Ghent
Belgium

Email: vanessa.vermeirssen at ugent.be
Phone: +32 (0)9 3313721