[BBC] Upcoming BioSB courses

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Fri May 26 14:35:34 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

Please note these upcoming, very interesting BioSB courses. Register in time and be welcome!

Algorithms for Biomolecular Networks
26 - 30 June, Wageningen

In this course, we will first give a brief overview of molecular biology, the advent of high-throughput measurement techniques and large databases containing biological knowledge, and the importance of networks to model all this. Next, we will discuss variing network models  Building on the network inference methods, a number of ways of integrating various data sources and databases to refine biological networks will be discussed.

The course is aimed at PhD students with a background in bioinformatics, computer science or a related field; a working knowledge of basic statistics and linear algebra is assumed.