[BBC] PhD and Postdoc Positions in Artificial Intelligence for Bioinformatics

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Sat Jun 3 03:15:13 CEST 2023

We have two fantastic opportunities in the field of Artificial Intelligence for Bioinformatics.

  1.  PhD in Artificial Intelligence for Molecular Discovery: We are currently accepting applications for a three-year Ph.D. position at the University of the Cote d'Azur, in collaboration with the University of Antwerp. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop reinforcement learning tools for the analysis of small molecule mass spectrometry data. As a Ph.D. candidate, you will work closely with renowned experts in analytical chemistry, machine learning, and bioinformatics. To apply, send an email to Prof. Dr. Louis-Felix Nothias (louisfelix.nothias at gmail.com<mailto:louisfelix.nothias at gmail.com>) and Prof. Dr. Wout Bittremieux (wout.bittremieux at uantwerpen.be<mailto:wout.bittremieux at uantwerpen.be>) by June 8, 2023 including a motivation letter, outlining your passion for artificial intelligence and molecular discovery, along with your CV highlighting your academic achievements and relevant experiences.

  2.
Postdoc in Molecular Artificial Intelligence: We have an exciting postdoctoral opportunity at the University of Antwerp. You will collaborate with world-leading pharmaceutical companies to develop artificial intelligence solutions to analyze billion-scale mass spectrometry-based metabolomics data and study the role of small molecules as fundamental building blocks of life. The application deadline for this position is June 15, 2023. We especially encourage candidates with a PhD in quantitative sciences and a strong interest in applying their data science skills to relevant life science challenges to apply. For more detailed information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/jobs/vacancies/academic-staff/?q=2878&descr=Postdoctoral-researcher-molecular-artificial-intelligence.

We strongly encourage passionate individuals with a keen interest in Artificial Intelligence and Bioinformatics to apply for these positions. The University of Antwerp and the University of the Cote d'Azur offer vibrant research environments, state-of-the-art facilities, and a supportive community of scholars dedicated to pushing the boundaries of knowledge.

Please feel free to share this information with anyone who may be interested or qualified. We appreciate your assistance in helping us spread the word and attract exceptional candidates to join our teams.

Sincerely,

Wout Bittremieux

Assistant Research Professor

University of Antwerp