[BBC] Two bioinformatics positions at the Erasmus MC

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Thu Aug 17 17:38:37 CEST 2023

Dear all,

We have two bioinformatics positions available at the Department of Hematology, Erasmus MC. Both with an application deadline set at 30 August 2023 (ongoing selection):

Bioinformatician Hematology: The department of Hematology seeks to recruit a highly motivated bioinformatician to join the multiple myeloma research group at the Erasmus MC. Multiple myeloma remains an incurable hematological cancer. At the department of hematology, scientists and clinicians collaborate to study myeloma development, progression and therapy response. Our research depends on molecular techniques, including single-cell RNA and ATAC sequencing, spatial transcriptomics and proteomics, and multi-parameter flow cytometry. You will join a research team operating at the interphase of wet-lab and in-silico analysis, and will work in close collaboration with PhD students and postdocs. Together with other bioinformaticians in the department, you will work on the development and implementation of novel and existing bioinformatical analysis pipelines.

https://www.werkenbijerasmusmc.nl/en/vacancy/93828/bioinformatician-hematology-30.08.23.tddh

Senior Bioinformatician Hematology: We seek to recruit a highly motivated and skilled senior bioinformatician. With the advent of high-throughput methodologies and the increased sequencing pace, the need for proficient data analysis and interpretation is ever-growing. To cope with this increased demand of expert-level data analysis, we are now expanding our bioinformatics team. In this position, you will be involved in the support and development of new computational tools in concert with the research programs active within our department, are responsible for managing the bioinformatics team, keep the bioinformatics and research teams updated on the latest technological developments and independently initiate new collaborations to further our departmental research aims. Our current primary focus is on single-cell technologies, including single cell transcriptomics and spatial multiomics, and the development of new computational tools supporting our high-throughput-dependent research goals. You will be tasked with supporting and developing these technologies to make a lasting impact on our research.

https://www.werkenbijerasmusmc.nl/en/vacancy/93827/senior-bioinformatician-hematology-30.07.23.tddh

Do not hesitate to get in touch in case you would like to receive more information!

----
Mathijs Sanders
Assistant Professor