[BBC] FW: Community event: A.I. in Structural Biology Symposium, 19th Jan 2024, Brussels

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Thu Dec 7 06:08:18 CET 2023

From: Carl Mensch <Carl.Mensch at uantwerpen.be>
Date: Thursday, 7 December 2023 at 00:02
To: Ertaylan Gökhan <gokhan.ertaylan at vito.be>
Subject: Community event: A.I. in Structural Biology Symposium, 19th Jan 2024, Brussels
Dear All,

As a reminder, we are pleased to invite you to our one-day symposium on AI's impact in structural biology, scheduled for 19th January 2024 at Hoek 38 (FWO, Brussels). This event, following the success of last year's symposium on AlphaFold, promises to offer insightful discussions and lectures on the evolving role of AI in the field.

We are honored to have Arne Elofsson from Stockholm University as our keynote speaker. He will open the morning session of our symposium with his talk on the impact and advancements of AI in structural biology. Casper Goverde from EPFL will present on the application of deep learning-based tools in advancing our understanding and design of complex proteins. To conclude our morning lectures, Maxim Tsenkov from EMBL-EBI will delve into the AlphaFold database and Foldseek, offering valuable insights into these groundbreaking resources.

Please fill out the registration form here<https://forms.gle/28eWrt3aXrTxuRpx5> to confirm your attendance and provide your lunch requirements (if you haven’t done so already).

The symposium is held live at Hoek38, Brussels for our community. Additionally, the morning lectures will be live-streamed on our channels<https://www.vscentrum.be/events/alphafold-event-3> for those outside of the community, making them accessible to a wider audience.

Best,
Carl Mensch and Gökhan Ertaylan

Dr. Carl Mensch | HPC Consultant | Computational chemist

Faculty of Science | Department of Mathematics
Campus Middelheim– M.G.309
Middelheimlaan 1 – 2020 Antwerp
carl.mensch at uantwerpen.be<mailto:carl.mensch at uantwerpen.be>
P +32 3 265 89 80<tel:+3232658980>