[BBC] Calling All Students and professionals: Reserve Your Spot at WiDS Belgium Conference!

BeNeLux bioinformaticians forum bbclist at psb.ugent.be
Mon Apr 15 12:47:05 CEST 2024

Dear all,

The registration for *the* *first Women in Data Science (WiDS) Belgium
conference *is open! This one-day conference will be held on *May 17th,
2024, at the VIB* in the city of Ghent, and all genders are invited to
attend. All data scientists of every background and level of experience are
welcome to join! Your support in sharing this call would be greatly
appreciated.

*We have a limited number of student tickets available for bachelor and
master students at a special rate of only 7,50 EUR! We encourage all
eligible students to join us regardless of gender.*

To take advantage of this opportunity, students must agree to upload their
CVs and consent to sharing them with the sponsors of the event.

This Conference is an independent event hosted by WiDS Belgium, coinciding
with the annual WiDS Worldwide Conference held at *Stanford University and
over 200 other locations globally*. The WiDS Worldwide Conference aims to
inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, irrespective of gender,
while also providing support to women in the field.

The objective of the WiDS Belgium Conference is to empower women in data
science within Belgium and beyond. We are organizing a full-day event
featuring esteemed keynote speakers, insightful short talks, and engaging
networking and mentorship sessions. We also invite students to participate
by submitting a poster, with selections being partially made on a
first-come, first-served basis. Don't hesitate to send in your abstract
promptly to secure your spot!

*Visit our website <https://www.womenindatascience.be/> to find out more
about WiDS Belgium and the registration*. Follow us on LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/women-in-data-science-belgium/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_messaging_conversation_detail%3BfAAxMp9PTiCKlI9cMa%2Bi%2FQ%3D%3D>
 or X <http://x/> to be up to date when we reveal more details of the
agenda!

We're looking forward to welcoming you in Ghent this May!

Best regards,
WiDS Belgium